Red Rajma (Kidney Beans)
Found in the famous Pindari belt of Uttarakhand, this Red Rajma is the most popular variety of Pahadi Rajma and is said to be an excellent source of protein, iron, and vitamins.
Trishulii's products are special because they come from a 100% farmer-owned cooperative, which means the produce is grown and sold directly by small individual farmers. All the produce is grown with a lot of love, in the pure and pollution-free environment of the Himalayas, with absolutely zero chemicals, pesticides, and fertilizers.
When you shop from communities like Trishulii -
- You consume food that is naturally grown, without any chemical inputs, and completely traceable to the source.
- Farmers go beyond only selling to traders, and participate in the entire value chain of harvesting, sorting, packing, and finally marketing and selling their produce directly to you.
- This directly leads to higher income for farmers and the development of business and entrepreneurship skills in rural communities.
We hope you are transported to the Himalayas, even if in spirit while enjoying your Pahadi Red Rajma!
Please be assured - This product has been tested for nutrition and safety parameters, and is fully compliant with FSSAI regulations.
Trishulii is a 100% farmer-owned cooperative based in Uttarakhand. Set up in 2016 and supported by Himmotthan Society and Tata Trusts, the organisation works in 11 districts and comprises over 4000 farmers.
Store in a cool dry place. Best before 10 months from the date of packaging.
- Soak the Red Rajma overnight and then drain the water.
- Pour enough water to cover the rajma, and pressure cook with salt and bay leaves.
- Prepare your gravy separately with cumin, onion, tomatoes, garam masala (cloves, cinnamon, cardamom) and dry spices (turmeric, corriander powder, chilly powder).
- Add the boiled rajma, and mix well along with some of the water used to boil the rajma. Cover and cook till the rajma absorbs the flavours of the spices. Serve with Pahadi rice! :)