Joshimath Rajma (Kidney Beans)
Cultivated in Badrinath valley of Uttarakhand, at an altitude of around 7000 feet, the Joshimath Rajma’s freckled red skin sets it apart from the regular hilly varieties that come in solid, single colours. It is highly fibrous, anti-acidic, and easily digestible.
Trishulii's products are special because they come from a 100% farmer-owned cooperative, which means the produce is grown and sold directly by small individual farmers. All the produce is grown with a lot of love, in the pure and pollution-free environment of the Himalayas, with absolutely zero chemicals, pesticides, and fertilizers.
When you shop from communities like Trishulii -
- You consume food that is naturally grown, without any chemical inputs, and completely traceable to the source.
- Farmers go beyond only selling to traders, and participate in the entire value chain of harvesting, sorting, packing, and finally marketing & selling their produce directly to you.
- This directly leads to higher income for farmers and the development of business and entrepreneurship skills in rural communities.
We hope you are transported to the Himalayas, even if in spirit while enjoying your Pahadi Joshimath Rajma!
Please be assured - This product has been tested for nutrition and safety parameters, and is fully compliant with FSSAI regulations.
Trishulii is a 100% farmer-owned cooperative based in Uttarakhand. Set up in 2016 and supported by Himmotthan Society and Tata Trusts, the organisation works in 11 districts and comprises over 4000 farmers.
Store in a cool dry place. Best before 10 months from the date of packaging.
- Soak the Joshimath Rajma overnight and then drain the water.
- Pour enough water to cover the rajma, and pressure cook with salt and bay leaves.
- Prepare your gravy separately with cumin, onion, tomatoes, garam masala (cloves, cinnamon, cardamom), and dry spices (turmeric, corriander powder, chilly powder).
- Add the boiled rajma, and mix well along with some of the water used to boil the rajma. Cover and cook till the rajma absorbs the flavours of the spices. Serve with Pahadi rice! :)